What You Need to Know About Teeth Whitening
Most people suffering from dental problems tend to have discolored teeth—naturally, plaque forms on the surface of the teeth forming yellow stains. Teeth whitening has provided a remedy to this problem. The teeth whitening procedure uses the approved chemical solutions to brighten or rather whiten the stained teeth. The facility for teeth whitening in Jupiter has several procedures used to return the teeth to their usual white color. For more information and treatment, please book an appointment with them.
Table of Contents
What causes tooth discoloration?
Teeth typically turn yellow as a person gets old. The enamel tends to wear away when a person is chewing. This exposes the teeth to acids from the food and drinks inside the mouth—the yellow color forms on the tooth surfaces.
Other factors contributing to stained teeth
- Excessive smoking, especially products with tobacco, forms stains on the surfaces of the teeth. When left for a longer time, the stain becomes permanent.
- Poor oral hygiene also may stain individual teeth. A person who avoids brushing teeth regularly will have stained teeth as food remains on the teeth’s surfaces. If left for a more extended period, they attach themselves permanently.
- Drinking excessive colored beverages may also stain teeth. The beverage colors may stick permanently on the teeth surfaces, mostly if they regularly consume the colored drinks without brushing their teeth regularly.
- Teeth that are exposed to fluoride may be stained.
- Some medical prescriptions containing tetracycline may also stain the teeth. The tetracycline tends to remain on the teeth surface; hence, forming plaque.
Types of teeth whitening procedures.
There are several teeth whitening procedures laid down by dentists that help return the teeth to their usual white color. These procedures include the following:
- The Opalescence Go teeth whitening. It is generally a solution that contains several custom oral trays. An individual must fill each whitening tray with the bleaching substance and then brush the teeth. This is done after every four hours. The approach does not provide an instant solution, but as weeks go by, the teeth start to brighten. The procedure is home-friendly as it is carried out at the comfort of the patient’s home.
- The Philips Zoom Teeth whitening. The Philip zoom approach helps to whiten the teeth more as compared to other approaches. Generally, the dentist places a rubber dam over the gums and the tongue and uses a chemical solution to paint the discolored teeth surfaces. After about ten minutes, a special light is used to trigger the solution, which removes the plaque.
What are the benefits of teeth whitening?
White teeth help a lot in boosting self-esteem since a brighter smile means the person is also bright. It also boasts a healthier mouth. With white teeth, it merely means that an individual has a good and healthier mouth. It also increases confidence, especially when an individual is in a public place.
In conclusion, teeth whitening is a refreshing approach as it enhances good oral hygiene and increases individual confidence. An individual with discolored teeth should visit the nearest dentist to get their teeth whitened.