Everything You Need to Know About Dental Implants
Several people suffer from tooth decay, cavities, or loss and one of the best solutions today is dental implants. There are various doctors available for dental implants in Westfield. However, the dental studio is one of the best-known dentistry clinics that will help you get your treatment done under proper supervision from the team of the finest dentists.
What is a dental implant?
Dental implants are permanent replacements in the roots of your tooth. The implant provides a robust foundation to the roots and the fixed tooth that is mainly made of titanium and is made to match your other natural teeth.
Can you get a dental implant at any age?
Yes, in most cases, you can get an implant at any age. However, for dental implant surgery, your gums must be in a healthy condition, and your overall dental hygiene must be precise.
- The dentist will examine your tooth thoroughly.
- He will take an x-ray of your tooth to see the depth of the damage and any infections caused by the damaged tooth.
- Anesthesia is given to numb the tooth, and the dentist extracts it.
- The dentist then prepares your jawbone for the implant. This process is known as grafting.
- Then the bone is left to heal. This depends on your body type. It can take up to 3 months.
- Then the final step is done where the abutment and the artificial tooth are placed.
Advantages of dental implants:
- Improves your appearance – After you get your implant fixed, your overall smile gets naturally better. It gives your face better structure with time.
- Increase in comfort – Your comfort gets improved. Dental implants become a part of you. They decrease the discomfort and pain that you must be experiencing before your surgery. Implants help in alignment as the fixed tooth is made according to the size and shape matching with the others.
- Ease in eating – You can eat all your favorite foods with your new implants, and they do not provide any disturbance in eating and make chewing food much more effortless.
- Increase in overall oral hygiene – Your long-term oral health improves with implants as they have strong support in them that provides easier access in brushing and flossing, resulting in better oral hygiene.
- Boosts self-confidence – They make you feel better about your smile. Implants eliminate the embarrassment that you must have gone through in the past by removing your dentures before eating.
Dental implants provide you with comfort inside and out. Therefore you need to get your teeth checked and follow proper measures that your dentist instructs.