Safety Barriers Design in Door and Stair Barriers
Finding the child safety barrier for doors and stairs can be an arduous task depending on our needs and the characteristics of our home, we want to remember with this entry the considerations that we must take into account before purchasing a safety barrier for our home or children’s center.
Some of the parameters to take into account are not optional
Are those referring to the security that the barrier itself must confer or to its installation process?
Table of Contents
Any safety barrier for children must comply with the EN 1930: 2011 Regulation, as a minimum safety condition, in addition to the certifications that each manufacturer wishes to include in terms of safety; practically all barriers are designed for children between 6 and 24 months. All safety barriers for children in Segu baby comply with the strictest safety regulations in force.
Safety barriers must be mounted on clean and structurally sound surfaces, and must always rest on the ground.
Although most child Safety Barriers Design can be installed under pressure (always follow the manufacturer’s instructions), when it is located at the top of some stairs, that is, to prevent the child from falling down, we recommend the fixing with screws to the wall. The screw to carry it out is only 4 mm, so that when the device is removed it is easy to repair, thus optimizing its safety and reliability
In the upper area of the stairs, the child safety barrier must be placed supported on the highest step, since if we did it on a lower step, it would lose its approval due to the lack of the minimum height.
We must not allow children to hang, swing or lean on safety barriers Design .
Periodically, the safety of the child barrier must be checked, so that over time it does not lose the reliability that it does not offer from the beginning of its installation.
A child safety barrier that has been exposed to an accident should not be reused.
If we use the child safety barrier, for the isolation of heat sources (stoves, fireplaces, etc.), we must take into account installing it far enough away, that if the child introduces the arm through the bars, it will not get burned.
To get the security barrier that suits your needs (SECURITY) and your home (AESTHETICS) we make it easy for you, follow these instructions
- You must measure the space you need to cover, where it will be anchored and if you need help ask for advice.
- You must also consider the space required by the door of the security barrier, preventing it from bumping into any obstacle preventing its opening and passage.
- There are stairs or spaces to cover that due to their design may be incompatible with the types of safety barriers for standard doors and stairs, but there are adapters and additional resources to be able to adapt them to the space in complete safety.
- The Safety Barriers Design located at the top of the stairs, should always open towards you and not towards the stairs, to avoid the risk of falling.
- The opening system must be impossible for the child to open, but easy for you, so we advise you to practice until you get used to it before doing it with the baby in your arms
- If you have to cover a heat source (stove, fireplaces, etc.) the security barrier must be placed at a minimum distance of 75 cm and if it is an open fire the minimum distance must be 90 cm.
- This is to prevent the child from approaching with the hand extended through the bars, and if the fire gives off incandescent parts, in no case can they reach the baby
- Now also the child Safety barriers Design have evolved over time so that you can already find the best barrier that suits your home design, download the catalog of child safety barriers for doors and stairs and let yourself be surprised! Remember that you have our free personalized advice to make your home a safe space for your children!